Meal prepping is perfect for busy people. Why skip meals when you can prepare them in advance? Here is one quick lunch-box recipe for you workaholics. Chicken, rice and broccoli, all cooked in 20 minutes.
|Prep time: 5 min |Cook time: 15 min |Total time: 20 min |Servings: 4 |
- One cup of rice
- Two cups of water
- 3 tsp salt
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- half tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water for steaming
- Rice prep– Boil the two cups of water in a saucepan, then add the rice and lower the heat. Mix around 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Chicken prep– Rub the chicken with brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Put the chick-breasts in the pan and cook 5 minutes on each side without moving. Turn off heat and let the chicken rest in the pan for 5 minutes before cutting them in pieces.
- Broccoli prep– Boil water in a large pot. When the water is boiled, add the broccoli. After 1 minute remove it from the pot.
- Lunch-box prep– Cut the breasts into bite-size pieces. Put one cup of rice in each box and top it with chicken and broccoli. Store it in a refrigerator.