Is that time of the season when flu is all around us due to this moody weather that completely messes up our immunity system.
The cough is a natural reflex that aids us to get rid of some air way foreign particles. If this is the case, the cough shouldn’t worry us, but if it is chronic than we must treat it.
Although there are various medications that can help us fight against the flu and cough, they can interact with other meds or our body and cause a bad reaction. That is why we prefer natural remedies, such as these easy homemade cough drops.
- 100 ml coconut oil
- 100 g raw honey
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Pour the coconut oil in a bowl and whip until it is fine and bubbly.
- Slowly add the honey and continue to whip until you get a nice, thick paste. Add the cinnamon
- Pour the mixture into ice cube tray and freeze them for a half an hour.
Expiration date: Up to two months.
Why these ingredients?
- Honey- With its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, honey aids sore throat and relieves cough. It also treats inflammation in the respiratory system, helps
breathingdifficulties, detoxifies the liver and supports intestinal health.
- Coconut oil- The lauric acid in it destroys bad bacteria, fungi and viruses. Besides preventing infections, the coconut oil supports mineral absorption, reduces blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.