Avocado is one of the healthiest products we should consume. It is considered a very unique fruit.
It is rich with fiber, carbohydrates and healthy fats. Despite having a wonderful taste,
High in healthy fats, avocados help in lowering bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
Avocado contains 20 different vitamins and minerals. One serving of it has
25% of vitamin C, 39% vitamin K, 30% folate, and 21% potassium.
Consuming half an avocado can keep you full for 5 hours. It also reduces hunger.
The high potassium level controls blood pressure, eliminates excess sodium and reduces the tension in the blood vessel walls.
If consumed daily, it can help the absorption of essential carotenoids in the body, such as lycopene, lutein, alpha-carotene, and beta-carotene.
Avocados regulate insulin and glucose level in blood. Hence, they are excellent for diabetes.
Since they’re rich with Vitamin K, consuming them improves absorption of calcium which is crucial for bone health.
Lutein, and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids essential for eye health and vision. Consume avocados in order to prevent blindness, eye damage, and eye dysfunction.
Avocados are rich in vitamin B6, folate, vitamin C, and potassium. These are important for the mother during pregnancy, and the baby’ growth.
How to consume avocado?
Here are some advice by Doctor Josh Axe on how you can consume this nutrient.
- Use it as a fat replacement in baking.
- Dice it as a nice topping for your soups or bone broth.
- Put it in the food processor to make dessert whips, puddings, smoothies, and countless other recipes.
- Mash or whip it until completely smooth for a baby’s first food instead of processed food in a Gerber jar.
- Put it on top of a salad.
- Use it in making homemade guacamole.