If you’re looking for a home remedy for cough, our all natural lemon honey ginger syrup is the perfect solution!
- Grated or chopped ginger 1 tablespoon per lemon
- Honey enough to fill the empty space
How to make:
- Slice lemons into small pieces. Remove the seeds.
- Fill the jar with lemon slices, then add 1 tablespoon of grated ginger per lemon.
- Fill remaining space with honey. Refrigerate at least 24 hours before use.
How to use:
Take a spoonful of the syrup, add to a mug of hot water, or stir into your tea.
Why these ingredients?
Honey is a natural cough suppressant. It stimulates the salivary glands and induces the release of the mucus through the airways. It also antibiotic properties.
Ginger is known for is antitussive properties. It can relieve and suppress coughing.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C and has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties.
The combination of lemon, honey, and ginger is the ultimate home remedy for cough and sore throat, and is a great way to stop a cough naturally.